- Yoga – Mondays 9.30 – 10.30 – active vinyasa yoga. Contact Jess Tullberg on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Kurling – at the Village Hall Maplebeck
We are a friendly group who meet at
7.30 p.m.in the Village Hall on the
second Wednesday of each month. The objective of Kurling is to aim for a target using stones which are on castors rather than ice. The hall provides a great venue for this activity with plenty of room and a flat smooth floor.
No experience is necessary, just a willingness to have fun
Light refreshments are available but
often members bring their own drinks,
the hall providing glasses. There
is a nominal charge of £1pp to cover
running costs and expenses. Kurling is suitable for all ages and whilst the
Wednesday evening sessions are mainly for adults, children only sessions are arranged on an ad hoc basis,
usually during school holidays.
For more information contact:- Jenny on email@example.com
- Book Club – A friendly group of local readers meet ten times each year to discuss a book chosen by one of the group on a rota basis. They normally meet in one of the group’s houses on a Tuesday night and also have a drink and nibbles. Most books are novels with a small number of non-fiction.
In 2022 we have read and enjoyed:
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog
- The Salt Path
- Forest Folk
- Blood and Roses
New potential readers would be very welcome to come along to any meeting.
Contact Pam Littlewood on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quizzes, Race Nights etc. – We run the occasional, but ever popular, quizzes and horse racing evenings. We ensure that excellent food is always served at the interval and visitors bring their own tipple – Look out for further details