- Yoga – Tuesdays 9.45 a.m. and Fridays 9.30 a.m. – Hatha yoga suitable for all levels, including beginners. The cost is £6.50 per class, £39 for a block of six lessons. Contact Ann Williams 07932 877041 www.yoganatal.co.uk
- Walking — The local walking group, known affectionately as the SWALLOWS (Short Walks and Long Lunches on Wednesdays), normally meet at the at around 10.00am. They either walk from Maplebeck or take cars to a more distant starting point. Check details with contact.
Walks are typically circular, of 2 – 3 hour duration and will end at a friendly hostelry at which good food and drink, and conversation can be enjoyed.
Contact Roger Bell on 07900 887161; 01636 636144; email@example.com
- Kurling – at the Village Hall Maplebeck
We are a friendly group who meet at
7.30 p.m.in the Village Hall on the
second Wednesday of each month. The objective of Kurling is to aim for a target using stones which are on castors rather than ice. The hall provides a great venue for this activity with plenty of room and a flat smooth floor.
No experience is necessary, just a willingness to have fun
Light refreshments are available but
often members bring their own drinks,
the hall providing glasses. There
is a nominal charge of £1pp to cover
running costs and expenses. Kurling is suitable for all ages and whilst the
Wednesday evening sessions are mainly for adults, children only sessions are arranged on an ad hoc basis,
usually during school holidays.
For more information contact:- Jenny via the contact form
- Book Club – A friendly group of local readers meet ten times each year to discuss a book chosen by one of the group on a rota basis. They normally meet in one of the group’s houses on a Tuesday night and also have a drink and nibbles. Most books are novels with a small number of non-fiction.
24th March 2020 – ‘Origins’ How the earth shaped human destiny (Lewis Dartnell)
28th April, 2020 – Forest Folk (James Prior)
2nd June, 2020 – The Elegance of the Hedgehog (Muriel Barbery)
7th July, 2020 – Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys)
1st September, 2020 – The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)
New potential readers would be very welcome to come along to any meeting.
Contact Andrea Sayer on 01636 636421
- Talks – We have invited speakers to give talks on a variety of subjects ranging from gardening, RNLI to local history. What this space for further events. WATCH this space for upcoming events.
- Quizzes, Race Nights etc. – We run the occasional, but ever popular, quizzes and horse racing evenings. We ensure that excellent food is always served at the interval and visitors bring their own tipple – Look out for further details